Welcome to Year 1 Potter Class. Our school theme this year is linked to authors/poets and we are called Potter Class after the famous writer Beatrix Potter.
Our teacher is Mr Odam and he is supported by Mrs Banks who helps us in class. In her spare time she enjoys scuba diving, yoga and photography (but not at the same time)! Mr. Odam loves football, skiing, and going to the cinema - especially to see Avengers & Star Wars movies!
- PE is usually on Tuesdays & Fridays, but this is subject to change so please have PE Kit in school at all times.
- We usually go to the Discovery Centre to change our library books on Wednesdays. Children are also able to change their library book during some lunchtimes through a card system in the playground.
- Please write down when your children read at home, in their reading diaries. ALL reading is good reading - even if it's a menu at a restaurant - write it in the diary. Certificates will be given once children have read for 25 nights. These are given during our weekly singing assembly.
- Please hand in your reading diary on a Thursday when their progress will be checked, and they will read with our volunteer: Peter (pictured below).
- Please ensure your child's name is clearly marked in their uniform - especially their PE kit, jumpers & cardigans. The PTA have 2nd hand uniform in good condition available at a very low price - see Mrs. Banks.
- Any questions - please pop in to chat with Mr. Odam or Mrs. Banks, or call the office to arrange an appointment.