At home this week we would like your child to continue to think about the story ‘The Three Billy Goats Gruff’. Discuss with them the different characters that are in the story. Pick one character and think of some words that describe how they look, how they act and how they might smell. Ask your child to write 1 or 2 sentences describing their chosen character. Encourage your child to write independently using their letter sounds and thinking carefully about each word that they write. Your child may need help to remember their sentence, so practice it together a few times before writing it and remind them of the words whilst they are writing.
Please find supporting worksheets on the class pages of our school website.
To follow on from this challenge you may wish to complete the following activities at home:
• Create a wanted poster for the Troll
• Act out the story with your family
• Create a picture of your chosen character – you might like to use felt tips, colouring pencils or collage materials.
• Learn and perform one of the Three Billy Goats Gruff songs/rhymes that can be found on the school website.
• Change the characters and act out the story, maybe a snake could live under the bridge and 3 pigs want to cross the bridge. You could use some cuddly toys to play the parts.