Friday 18th February 2022- School Closure
See the link below to Remote Learning, where you can find all the learning for today.
This year, the theme for our class names is countries around the world, which we want to find out more about. As a class we decided on Brazil, which is a large country in South America. It is famous for Carnival, Samba and the Amazon Rainforest. Mrs Plaza is the class teacher and Mrs Gill is our LSA in Brazil class. We will regularly update this class page with some helpful pages and we hope that you decide to check regularly to see what we've been up to.
If you have any questions which we can help you with you can email our class email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to check this email weekly, so if your query is urgent please, contact the school office.
We look forward to our Year 5 Journey together and hope that there are lots of exciting things for the children to learn and explore!
Mrs Plaza and Mrs Gill
* For remote learning guidance if you are not in school, please click on the Curriculum Activities link in the Remote Learning Guidance section below.
* Our indoor and outdoor PE sessions will both be on a Tuesday this year. We are asking for children to come to school wearing their PE kits, with shorts underneath jogging bottoms and a dark jumper to keep them warm when necessary. Please make sure that hair is tied back on these days, and earrings and other jewellery has been removed.
A reminder that our school PE kit consists of a plain white t-shirt, with plain navy or black shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms and a plain navy or black jumper.
*On Fridays we will go swimming. Come to school with your uniform and bring swimming clothes in a bag.
* We will be sending you home with reading books and are hoping to be able to visit the school library again as soon as possible. Please read at home as often as possible and bring your book back into school when finished to replace it with a new book. We also still have our membership to Bug Club, an online reading platform, and will be sending home updated login details as soon as possible.
* We still have membership to the online times tables games at Times Tables Rock Stars and will be able to remind children of their login details in school if they have forgotten them.
* Spellings will be sent home on a Wednesday to be learnt and discussed before a spelling test the following Wednesday. They will be given in sentences to help children to understand the meaning and usage of the words, and children are encouraged to think of other words that fit the weekly spelling rule.
STUBBINGTON RESIDENTIAL: 7th March - 11th March
Unfortunately, due to the continuing number of positive COVID cases locally, we have had to cancel our Stubbington parent meeting that was due to take place on Wednesday 16th February.
However, in order to provide you with the information you need; the Stubbington PowerPoint presentation can be found below and a set of forms will be coming home with your children.
Please speak to a member of staff before or after school should you have any questions, or alternatively, you could send questions via the class email.
Although this is not ideal, it is important that we ensure all of the forms are with Stubbington by half term and, therefore, we felt it best to offer the presentation through the website at this time.