At Norwood this year, we have chosen to have the theme of rivers for our class names. Collaboratively, we decided on the names Amazon and Mississippi. This year, we will be developing our understanding of rivers and how we use them in different countries.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school office or email:
firstname.lastname@example.org for Mr Ledgerwood (Amazon class)
email@example.com for Mrs Neyroud (Mississippi class)
We will be checking our class emails every Thursday, if you have any more immediate concerns, please notify the office, who will contact us.
The Year 6 Team
* If you are not in school but you are feeling well enough to complete your school work, please click on the Curriculum Activities link in the Remote Learning Guidance section below.
* Our indoor and outdoor PE sessions will both be on a Friday this year. We are asking for children to come to school wearing their PE kits, with shorts underneath jogging bottoms and a dark jumper to keep them warm when necessary. Please make sure that hair is tied back on these days, and earrings and other jewellery has been removed.
A reminder that our school PE kit consists of a plain white t-shirt, with plain navy or black shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms and a plain navy or black jumper.
* We will be sending you home with reading books and are now able to visit the school library again! Please read at home as often as possible and bring your book back into school when finished to replace it with a new book. We also still have our membership to Bug Club, an online reading platform, and the children should have their login details.
* We still have membership to the online times tables games at Times Tables Rock Stars and have reminded children of their login details.
* Spellings will be sent home on a Wednesday to be learnt and discussed before a spelling test the following Wednesday. Children are encouraged to think of other words that fit the weekly spelling rule.