To support your child's education at home we have put together some ideas for you to work through at home that can run continuously during this time. Please look at the subject icons for weekly challenges.
* Read to your child everyday - encourage them to sit and listen to the story, stopping during parts to discuss what is happening, what might happen next and any words you feel they may not understand.
* Practise reading rocket words - all of the rocket words are available on the class pages of the school website. When your child can read a set please download the next rocket or contact the school to ask for a copy.
* Hear your child read every other day - You can access Oxford Reading Tree books on www.oxfordowl.co.uk which you can subscribe to for free. At the end of each book there are questions to discuss. To run alongside this you can use www.phonicsplay.co.uk. Focus on Phase 2 and 3 to support your child's phonics development.
* Ordering Numbers to 15 and 1 more and 1 less than discussions
* Fine motor skills activities - playing with Lego or playdough, cutting activities, lacing
* Cook together, discussing weight of ingredients needed or allowing your child to help make sandwiches for lunch
* Gross motor skills activities - playing football, climbing, army crawls on the floor, running a ball up and down a wall, throwing and catching, sweeping
Please check here or on your Tapestry account for weekly online learning, phonics videos and Numberblocks powerpoint.
Mrs McPhail and Miss Rogers