To support your child's education at home during this time, we have put together some ideas for you to work through at home.
* Read to your child everyday - encourage them to sit and listen to the story, stopping during parts to discuss what is happening, what might happen next and any words you feel they may not understand.
* Hear your child read every other day - You can access Oxford Reading Tree books on www.oxfordowl.co.uk which you can subscribe to for free. At the end of each book there are questions to discuss. To run alongside this you can use www.phonicsplay.co.uk. Focus on Phase 2 and 3 to support your child's phonics development.
* Practice writing a simple sentence everyday
* Ordering Numbers to 20 and 1 more and 1 less than discussions
* Fine motor skills activities - playing with Lego or playdough, cutting activities, lacing, sweeping
* Cook together, discussing weight of ingredients needed or allowing your child to help make sandwiches for lunch.
Please check here or on your Tapestry account weekly for more activity ideas.
Mrs McPhail and Mrs Rogers