- Year Group Pages
- Year 1 (Seuss Class & Briggs Class)
- ARCHIVE Remote Learning Curriculum Activities
English Week Beginning 1.3.21 See videos below for each lesson.
- 1.3.21 and 3.3.21 English Main and challenge WALT.pdf
- 1.3.21 English Monday Choose a game, play it.pdf
- 1.3.21 English Snakes and Ladders game if needed.pdf
- 1.3.21 English What you will need -SIMPLE version.pdf
- 2.3.21 English Order instructions.pdf
- 2.3.21 English Tuesday -Instruction order..pdf
- 3.3.21 and 4.3.21 English Instructions-how to play.pdf
- 3.3.21 English Instructions SIMPLE version.pdf
- English Word mat for Snakes and Ladders.pdf
1.3.21 English Play a game, how do you know how to play it?
Learn a new game or play an old favourite. What things do you need?Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
2 3 21 English Instructions need to be clear and in the correct order!
Will Mrs Rogers be able to tell Mrs Coull how to make a glass of squash by giving her clear instructions? Find out here!!
2.3.21 English -Instructions need to be written in the correct order.
Order the instructions for the game of 'Snakes and Ladders'Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
3.2.21 and 4.2.21 English -Write the instructions of how to play your game.
Remember to number your instructions and write them in the correct order. Have a go at playing the game following your instructions.Recorded with https://sc...
Guided Reading Week Beginning 1.3.21
- wb 1.3.21 Guided Reading Flipchart.pdf
- 1.3.21 Inference Activity Main and Challenge.pdf
- 1.3.21 Inference Activity Simplified..pdf
- 3.2.21 Practising Reading Skills Challenge.pdf
- 3.3.21 Practising Reading Skills Main Activity.pdf
- 3.3.21 Practising Reading Skills Simplified.pdf
- 5.3.21 Name the Alien Challenge.pdf
- 5.3.21 Name the Alien Main Activity.pdf
- 5.3.21 Name the Alien Simplified.pdf
1.3.21 Guided Reading -Inference
Be like Iggy Inference and look for clues in the picture to help you understand what is happening.Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
3.3.21 Guided Reading -Use your reading skills
5.3.21 Guided Reading -Make up Alien names
Use your phonics skills to make up some names for the funny aliens.Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
English Week Beginning 22.2.21 See below for videos.
- 23.2.21 and 25.2.21 English Main and challenge WALT.pdf
- 23.2.21 English Tuesday How to play and what you will need.pdf
- 23.2.21 English What you will need -SIMPLE version.pdf
- 24.2.21 Bossy verbs are needed for instructions.pdf
- 24.2.21 English Sorting Bossy verb.pdf
- 25.1.21 English Instructions-how to play.pdf
- 25.2.21 English Instructions SIMPLE version.pdf
- Word mat for Tiddlywinks.pdf
23.2.21 English How to Play Tiddlywinks
Find out how to play the old fashioned game of Tiddlywinks.Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
24.2.21 English -Bossy verbs
What words do we use when writing instructions?Can you sort the words into bossy verbs and other words?Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
25.2.21 English Writing instructions
Today we are going to write our instructions of how to play the game of Tiddlywinks. Do they work? Have you got them in the right order? Did you remember t...
23.2.21 Guided Reading
Can you spot the clues like Inference Iggy?Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
25.2.21 Guided Reading
Can you draw a picture to show you understand what you read?Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
Handwriting WB 22.2.21
English Week Beginning 8.2.21 See accompanying videos below
- 8.2.21 English Days of the Week Flipchart.pdf
- 8.2.21 English Days of the week.pdf
- 9.2.21 English ed Words in the past tense.pdf
- 9.2.21 English ed words past tense table.pdf
- 9.2.21 word mat.pdf
- 10.2.21 and 11.2.21 Diary writing Flipchart.pdf
- 10.2.21 and 11.2.21 Diary writing WALT.pdf
- 10.2.21 Word mat to help with diary writing.pdf
8.2.21 English Monday
Order the Days of the WeekRecorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
9.2.21 English Tuesday
Thinking about what the Hoctopize did in the past tense. What happens at the end of the story?Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
10.2.21 and 11.2.21 English Wednesday and Thursday
Writing a diary as if you are the Hoctopize.Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com
Guided Reading Week Beginning 8.2.21
- Jack and the Beanstalk National Story Telling Week Flipchart.pdf
- Story Telling 08.02.21.pptx
- 8.2.21 Favourite Story Bunting.pdf
- 9.2.21 Other fairytales that we know.pdf
- 10.2.21 Sequencing Main Events Simplified.pdf
- 10.2.21 Sequencing Main Events.pdf
- 11.2.21 Character Description.pdf
- 12.2.21 Bookmarks.pdf
- 12.2.21 Name that story game.pdf
- 12.2.21 Storytelling cards.pdf
Week Beginning 8.2.21 Jack and the Beanstalk
Use this video with our Guided Reading work this week on familiar stories.
Monday 11.1.21 Phonics
Work with Mrs Rogers to learn about different ways to pronounce the letter 'i' in words.(Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com)
Use the sorting cards in the PDF below for an extra challenge if required.
Tuesday 12.1.21 Phonics
Join Mrs Rogers for today's phonics, learning different ways that we say the letter 'o'.(Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com)
Use the PDF file below for a further challenge/activity if you require.
Wednesday 13.1.21 Phonics Tricky Words
Join in with Mrs Rogers to focus on six different tricky words and get some ideas for how to practise spelling them.(Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com)
Use the PDF below for the 'Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check' activity.
Thursday 14.1.21 Phonics
Join in with Mrs Rogers to learn about the hard sounds and soft sounds made by the letters g and c.(Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com)
See the PDFs below for the sorting games if required.
Friday 14.1.21 Phonics
Work with Mrs Rogers to find out two new ways of saying the letter u in words.(Recorded with https://screencast-o-matic.com)
Use the PDF below for sorting cards if required.